Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Trying Start

Welcome to a post in which I blather on and try to catch up with the world. Try is the operative word here.

In the past three months I have found a gorgeous new-to-me community here in the blog world. Yes, I’m talking about book bloggers. I’ve been amazed by how open and welcoming this community has been. I’ve become hooked, especially when it comes to the urban fantasy/paranormal romance/young adult genre blogs. As my tastes are pretty eclectic, I’m sure I’ll find blogs for other genres, but for right now I’m happy as a clam (Did I just write that? I mean, how happy are clams anyway?) reading all the new authors I’m discovering and reading blogs by people who love to read as much as I do.

Since last November I’ve entered lots of contests, and won several. (Must take a moment’s pause here to squeal –yes, squeal- with delight.) Belated thanks to the following bloggers for their generosity.

I won:

*Strange Angels and Night Shift by Lilith Saintcrow from Book Chick City
*The first six books in the Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian from What Book Is That?
*Three Days to Dead by Kelly Meding from That’s Queen Bitch To You
*Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler from Cherry Mischievous
*Rose Red DVD from Book Reader Times

If you haven’t already, please swing by their pages and show them some love. I think you’re in for numerous treats.

No comments: