Sunday, June 26, 2011

Art journaling? But why?

Sometimes your pencil (or brush, or marker, or crayon, infinity) has a snake goddess in it. Sometimes said snake goddess is holding a giant spoon in one hand, and a big cherry that sort of looks more like a small dark pumpkin in the other. Sometimes she will have wacky hair. Sometimes this will happen all at once or maybe over the course of one late night and the following afternoon. Why?

You don’t know, do you?

I do not know. Yet.

The point is just to let it happen, right? It wants to happen, so why not on a page that can be turned… in a book that can be closed.

One of the things that I really like about this book, though, is that it can be opened.

At least you covered her nipples this time.

I think my mom would agree with you on that one. Truthfully, though, I only did because my brain and my hand just couldn’t agree on the size and shape of them, so I ended up following the pencil.

This is as finished as she is going to get, but I do still have the idea of progress shots swimming around in my head.

No comments: